Jersey Ontario President, John Claessens and the Oxford Jersey Club would like to invite all Jersey breeders and enthusiasts to the 2019 Jersey Ontario General Annual Meeting being held in Woodstock, ON Friday February7th and Saturday February 8th, 2020.
The weekend will start with Barn Tours on Friday February 7th, with the buses leaving the Quality Inn and Suites Woodstock, ON at 8:00am. The Barn Tours are as follows:
- Karnvilla – Doug Karn & Family, 564900 Karn Rd., Woodstock ON N4S 7V6
- Greenmoor – Paul Shulman & Family, 804113 Rd 80, RR 2, Embro, ON N0J 1J0
- Sugar Hill – Jonathon & Shelly Howe, 456514 Conc 45, RR 5 , Embro, ON N0J 1J0
- Claessic Fields Inc. – John & Joanne Claessens & Family, 622891 Rd 62, RR 3, Ingersoll, ON N5C 3J6
Lunch, sponsored by EastGen, will be served on the farm
- Halfway Farms – Carman & Hiske MacKay, 264142 Prouse Road, RR 1, Mount Elgin, ON N0J 1N0
- Harcolm Farms – Dwight & Nancy Hargreaves, Robert & Rachel McKinlay, 524528 Curry Rd., RR 1, Beachville, ON N0J 1A0
The Jersey Ontario 73rd Annual General Meeting will take place in the Ball Room of the Quality Inn and Conference Centre, starting at 9:00 am. The Alternate program will begin at 2:00 p.m, with “Candles & Cocktails”.
Prior to lunch, Aaron Breimer, will be the guest speaker. Aaron is from Ailsa Craig, ON and works for Veritas Farm Business Management, an agricultural consulting firm focused on agronomy business management and precision agriculture. Since 2013 Aron has been involved in a project in Zambia to improve the maize yield. Aaron will speak about his experience implementing this project in his presentation “Sowing the Seed of Hope”. Following lunch Hon. Ernie Hardeman, Ontario Minister of Agriculture, Food & Rural Affairs will address the group. Also speaking will be Murray Sherk, Vice-Chair of Dairy Farmers of Ontario.
The Annual General Meeting Banquet will take place Saturday night with dinner at 6:30 pm. All Ontario Awards and Jersey Ontario Production Awards will be presented following dinner. A Silent and Live Auction will be held on Saturday evening.
Accommodations: Rooms can be booked at the Quality Inn & Suites, 580 Bruin Blvd., Woodstock, ON, by calling 519-537-5586 and asking for “Jersey Ontario Conference” rate. Tradition Room cost is $124.99 + HST. The rate is available only through direct reservation with the hotel. Book now.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Sue Hargreaves (519) 533-8370 or Beverley Spriel (519) 766-9980.
For complete details and registration: Registration Package for Jersey Ontario AGM